We have a new opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner to join our team based in Witham, Essex. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
As our supply Chain Planner you will Support and deliver the supply chain elements of the business strategy including product forecasting, ordering and meeting the customer service level and stock holding targets
Working with the commercial buying team with regards to product life cycle and introducing new products
- Manage the ordering process, ensuring MOQ, Stock levels and delivery dates are all achieved.
- Ensure Orders are placed with correct information including prices and quantity in a timely manner and order confirmations are checked.
- Processing and ordering of special orders for non-stocked products.
- Focus on managing the reduction of back orders.
- Monitor stock holding and discuss issues with a plan to clear excess stock working with the wider business.
- Manage on going supply and deal with any issues as they arise which effect availability of product.
- Track and manage supplier performance through regular reviews and take action where necessary if the supplier fails to hit the outlined KPI’s and OTIF brief.
- Assist with the importation of goods including custom clearances and commodity codes.
- Working collaboratively and cross functionally across the wider business to improve operational performance.
- Working with Finance and Goods in to deal with any delivery issues including damages and incorrect products.
- Monitoring and checking outstanding orders, chasing dates and clearing any complete purchase orders.
- Supporting the supply chain manager to review supplier performance and address poor performance
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience in supply chain/merchandising or allocation functions from either a wholesale or retail background.
- Intermediate-advanced level Excel.
- Comfortable around hitting KPI’s around availability, stockholding, SLA’s, non-moving stock and dated product.
- Analytical and methodical approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this is a cross functional role.